Big Brother Recordings release ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’, the second in the new ‘Chasing The Sun’, following May’s hugely successful re-release of ‘Definitely Maybe’, which charted at No.5.
‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’ is Oasis’s biggest-selling album, with 22 million copies sold worldwide. On release in October 1995 it spent 10 weeks at No.1 and is the 5th biggest-selling album in UK Chart history. In their 14-year recording career (1994 – 2008) Oasis sold over 70 million albums worldwide, had 22 consecutive UK Top 10 singles, 7 No.1 studio albums but, more than that, they helped define a generation.
It was during the ‘Morning Glory?’ era when Oasis played their some of their most iconic gigs, including two nights at Maine Road Stadium, the then home of Manchester City Football Club, in April 1996 and Knebworth House, where the band played to 250,000 fans over two nights in August 1996. Over 2.6 million people applied for tickets for the shows, making it the largest ever demand for concert tickets in British history. Each edition of this album includes a remastered version of the original.
· The deluxe box set includes:
· 3CD – ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’ deluxe CD, meticulously remastered with B sides, plus unreleased and rare tracks including demos and live recordings.
· 180 gram double LP in gatefold sleeve – Heavyweight vinyl of ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’, meticulously remastered from the original 1995 half inch tapes. Includes download code for B sides, plus unreleased and rare tracks including demos and live recordings.
· 12” single – This 12” is a replica of the original promotional 12” sent to industry contacts as a promotional item in 1995. Tracklisting features A side ‘Cum On Feel The Noize’ and B side ‘Champagne Supernova (Lynch Mob Beats Remix)’, which has never been commercially available.
· 7” single – This 7” includes demos of ‘Hello’ and ‘She’s Electric’, both of which were recorded in ‘Definitely Maybe’ producer Mark Coyle’s studio. The ‘Hello (Demo)’ track is exclusive to the box set.
· Cassette – Exact replica of the original promotional copy of ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’. This rare cassette, only sent out to industry contacts, has never been commercially available. It includes ‘Step Out’ which was removed from the album prior to its release
· Collector’s coffee table book – This beautiful 56 page hardback book contains rare and unseen photographs documenting the ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’ period by Stefan Batselier, Brian Cannon, Kevin Cummings, Grant Fleming, Jill Furmanovsky, Owen Morris and Tom Sheehan, plus private photos taken by the inner circle. Original artwork designer Brian Cannon explains the story behind each single’s cover art and sleevenotes are written by Neil McCormick.
· ‘Roll With It’ cigarette papers – These rolling papers were an original 1996 promotional item. They have been replicated solely for the box set and feature the lyrics for ‘Roll With It’ printed on the back.
· Postcards & art card set – 3 photograph postcards and a 12 x 12 inch art card.