£28.99 – 180g LP & limited art print handsigned and numbered by the musician
• ‘Behaving’ is the new electronic side project from singer songwriter and composer Keaton Henson. Released via The Vinyl Factory on physical for the first time, this first edition hosts a limited art print handsigned and numbered by the musician.
• After two years of working on his, yet untitled, follow up to the critically acclaimed ‘Birthdays’, Henson decided to close the door and begin experimenting with electronics and new ways of creating his sound. ‘Behaving’ is an entirely self made record, mostly recorded in the dark with many lyrics and vocals improvised in one take. It is a dark and, at times, unsettling exploration of love, ego and the creative process.
• The launch of ‘Behaving’ comes full circle for Keaton Henson, who quietly released his limited edition, hand-made debut album ‘Dear…’ in 2012, before a surprise Zane Lowe play led to a flurry of investigation into Henson’s identity and whereabouts.
• Following acute stagefright and choosing not to perform or promote his record in a conventional manner, his heavier second album ‘Birthdays’ saw Keaton make an astonishing return to the live arena. Despite his inability to read or write music, ‘Romantic Works’ was surprise-released on the same day of Henson’s biggest, immediately-sold-out show to date (headlining London’s Queen Elizabeth Hall at the request of James Lavelle). It quickly picked up plays across Radio 1, XFM, Classic FM and Spotify’s viral chart (Keaton has a fiercely loyal, million-plus following on Soundcloud alone) and climaxed with Henson staging a DIY, immersive production of Vivaldi’s ‘Four Seasons’ for two-sold out nights at Oval Space, in association with The Barbican.
• In recent months Henson has completed a full length score for the ballet ‘Young Men’ with Balletboyz and choreographer Ivan Perez, his first collection of poetry entitled ‘Idiot Verse’ and an illustrated songbook with Faber. And now, teaming up with The Vinyl Factory, ‘Behaving’ will be released as a deluxe vinyl edition, with each copy including a bespoke hand-signed and numbered art print.
• Colour sleeve with artwork by Keaton Henson. Pressed on 180gram heavyweight black vinyl.