£17.99 – Indies only LP & 12″
• Bitchin Bajas and Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy collaborate, flowing ideas through the air between them. The air’s meant to be shared and that’s how ‘Epic Jammers And Fortunate Little Ditties’ came
to pass – a morning, afternoon and evening of frisson in blissed acceptance of the eternal recurrence.
• These guys understand each other. They share a passion for arresting the moment in the process of now. Bitchin Bajas have a fan in Bonnie; their ability to stretch time and get in between the grains scratches his itch to live in those instances, making him a worthy co-jammer, a fourth plane to the Bitchin Bajas triangle that quantifies and dimensionalizes the sound.
• Their first blend was for a Shirley Collins tribute compilation, a rendition of ‘Pretty Saro’ that built from the starkness and tonal monophony of the auld ballads and opened the hatch to timeless stasis.
• ‘Epic Jammers And Fortunate Little Ditties’ contains moments of tranquillity and trance, with the players integrating their separate ways, vibing off each other, making songs together. Bonnie is at his spiritmelting celestial best, wandering through a lifetime of fortunes that amount, when incanted, to a prayer to the god of many names. The Bajas’ access to the universal aural paintbox is unparalleled; their reach is deep.
• ‘Epic Jammers And Fortunate Little Ditties’ is simple and stark and empyrean and inspirational… and pretty modal, too, as Bonnie and the Bajas pursue the life of the spirit down ever-fading vapour trails, in a bottomless space.