£31.99 – 2XLP tawny brown vinyl version in a gatefold jacket with faux fur, a hand-drawn poster and a limited edition Meow the Jewels sticker sheet
Run The Jewels released their hotly anticipated remix album made up of only cat sounds for beats, Meow The Jewels, for free on September 25, 2015. Originally posted as a pre-order offering for their seismic sophomore album Run the Jewels 2, the group jokingly promised to remix the album using only cat sounds in exchange for $40,000. An enterprising fan called their bluff via a highly publicized and successful Kickstarter campaign which exceeded its goal. Instead of backing down from the absurd premise, El-P and Killer Mike have rose to the occasion, assembling a stable of immensely talented producers (including El-P, Just Blaze, Prince Paul, Geoff Barrow of Portishead, Massive Attack, The Alchemist, Zola Jesus, Nick Hook, BOOTS, Dan The Automator, and more) to help deliver the goods.
The album will be released via Mass Appeal Records as a limited edition (one-time pressing), 2XLP tawny brown vinyl version housed in a gatefold jacket, this time with the iconic Run the Jewels album cover hands represented in actual faux fur. The record also comes stocked with a hand-drawn poster and a limited edition Meow the Jewels sticker sheet. This is sure to be one of Run The Jewels’ most collectible records yet.
Run the Jewels are donating their entire fee and future profits from this record to charity.
- Meowpurrdy feat. Lil Bub, Maceo, Delonte & Snoop Dogg (Remixed by EL-P)
- Oh My Darling Don’t Meow (Remixed by Just Blaze)
- Pawfluffer Night (Remixed by Zola
- Close Your Eyes And Meow To Fluff (Remixed by Geoff Barrow)
- All Meow Life (Remixed by Nick Hook)
- Lie, Cheat, Meow (Remixed by Prince Paul)
- Meowrly (Remixed by BOOTS)
- Paw Due Respect (Remixed by Blood Diamonds)
- Snug Again (Remixed by Little Shalimar)
- Creown (Remixed by The Alchemist)
- Angelsnuggler (Remixed by Dan The Automator)
Creown (BONUS) (Remixed by 3D of Massive Attack)